Monday 30 April 2012

For my Best Friend

Hi Suchi,
It’s not easy to see a friend get married and move away, knowing that soon her priorities will change and that there will be restrictions on the time of day you call her or that you won’t be able to meet her like you did when she was single. It is even harder when it is your BEST FRIEND. Nevertheless, I’m really happy for you. You’ve got a great person for a husband and as you might already know, you guys make a perfect couple. This post is just to tell you how much you mean to me.

Suchi, you’ve been there for me EVERY single time I needed someone to talk to, someone to laugh with, someone to share secrets with (yes, even the most embarrassing ones!) and someone to understand whatever I was feeling at a given time. There are very few people who have the sensitivity that you possess, and as for your wittiness, well what can I say!

We’ve known each other for 8 long years now and there was a time when we didn’t speak much to each other since we’d joined different colleges and were busy settling down in our respective colleges. However, we somehow knew that we had a close friend who cared for us and would be there when we needed them, at least I always knew.

It was in the 2nd year of Pre-Univ that we became close, I still miss the time we used to sit in the last bench and keep laughing for the silliest things. That was the only time I got punished the maximum in class. God! I remember me hogging the akki rottis, kesari baath and anything that aunty sent you for lunch. Oh and how can I forget the ‘boondi’!  he he :D and ‘Old MacDonald’ of course! We had so much fun discussing our crushes; you used to get really thrilled every time you spoke about ‘Rain God’! (Aww....I really miss those days!)  Our movie outings, bike rides and the famous ‘Kaliyon ka Chaman’ are also things that I will always remember.

The bond became stronger once we graduated and started working; we met up to discuss serious issues like work, colleagues, office politics, family, relationships and the like. I confided in you each time I faced a difficulty and emerged feeling lighter after every talk. You really are the true definition of a friend, Suchi.

Now, as you are stepping into a new phase of life, I just want to wish you the very best of luck, happiness and health. I pray that each and every wish of yours comes true and you have a great life ahead.

Love you lots Suchi! Remember that I’m only a phone call away, and will be there whenever you need me!

Love,
Shilpa.

No comments:

Post a Comment