Tuesday 6 December 2011

Merry Christmas!

Snow, carols, reindeers, bobtails, wreaths, bells, bows, and of course, our dear Santa….these are things that remind us that it’s Christmas time again. I don’t know why, but this time of the year almost always gets me into a nostalgic mood. I feel more cheerful around this time than in any other part of the year. It feels as though the whole world is in a festive mood, and it undoubtedly is.

I remember my school a lot, the Christmas plays that used to be staged every year, the ‘Secret Angel’ games that we used to play, and the restless wait to find out my Secret Angel and what she’d gift me….Oh! It used to be real fun. The best part of Christmas though, for me, is the carols; it excites me even now to listen to one of them, my favorite being ‘Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer’. I also miss the Christmas crib and the countdown to the Christmas holidays.

Well, life is very different now; we don't get long Christmas holidays anymore and the only places that I’ll find Christmas cribs are malls and restaurants, and each one I see puts a smile on my face anyway. Christmas is also the time for me to pig out.There are plum cakes, chocolates, cookies, truffles and every other thing that is a gourmet’s dream! (NOW you know why it’s my favorite part of the year, don’t you? ;) )


The festival brings a lot of cheer with it since it is also the time when one year is close to getting over and a new one is waiting to arrive. I love Christmas, I love the festivity and the liveliness it brings with it. I’m just hoping that this Christmas, Santa blesses me with the present that I have been praying for and makes it a memorable one! :)

(Uh…Santa, you know what I want this Christmas, don’t you??)

That I still believe in Santa is a different story altogether! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment