Wednesday 28 December 2011

Happy past, present and future "tense"

It’s the Christmas-New Year season and there was not much work to do in office so I was randomly browsing through people’s profiles on Facebook and stumbled upon Darius Sunawala’s profile. I just remembered how entertaining the radio shows used to be at that time. So, this blog is dedicated to Sunaina Lall and Darius who added fun to my mornings during school days.
I don’t really remember what this show used to be called, but I think it was called the ‘Breakfast Show’. Sunaina Lall used to host the show alone initially, and then Darius was brought on board. The duo used to play old English hits and new Bollywood numbers. They used to make it a point to play music that would complement the weather each day, this used to be amazing. The fights that they used to have on air used to be hilarious, with Darius losing the arguments always. We had a radio in the kitchen and would never miss turning it on at our breakfast time. I used to love it when it rained ‘cos I was sure they would play my favorite romantic numbers, and that would leave me in a dreamy mood for the rest of the day! :) (Ye! I know I’m hopelessly romantic!)
But this was during my PU days, once I started attending college, FM Radio underwent a huge change and Bangalore got a wider choice of radio channels to listen to. After that I was lost. I hardly got time to listen to radio.
The other things that I’m really missing from my school days are the videos of the song albums that used to come on TV. Lucky Ali’s ‘O Sanam’, Falguni Pathak’s ‘Yaad piya ki aane lagi’ and even Aslam and Shibani’s ‘Ho gayi hai mohabbat’. I was really crazy about those songs.
I miss the innocence of those years and the ability I had to dream about things so easily. It was an uncomplicated world, consisting only of school, books, friends and parents. Now, it’s so different, there’s work, competition,gossip, muddled up feelings, doubt, fear………….the works!! All driving us MAD!
Many people tell me that I live in the past, and should try to come out of it. But if the past brought more happiness to me than the present, why not live in the past??

No comments:

Post a Comment